Wednesday, 2 August 2017

the Flawed series by Cecelia Ahern (Flawed+Perfect)

Now THAT, THAT was something. Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *squeals and runs around the room* This is hands down my favorite book of all time. I am totally serious. I'm a bit scared to start reading another book in case it pops the perfect little bubble of JOY I'm floating in. Flawed and Perfect are two of the only books where I'm scared to turn the page if something bad has happened. Honestly, if Cecelia Ahern had done what I thought she would have done in chapter 78 of Perfect... Well, let's not go there. If someone had come and bothered me whilst I was on the last pages I would have BITTEN THEIR HEADS OFF. *cackles manicly and rubs hands together* Again, I am the picture of seriousness here. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat until I had FINISHED THESE BOOKS. It didn't take long. Literally as soon as I was done with Flawed I was off to the shops for Perfect. In the morning. Which is saying something.

Now let us get down to the business that is this wonderful book review which may be a tad strange considering how wired up I am.

Right, I'll start with the main character Celestine.

Celestine North is perfect. Seriously, she's the girlfriend of the son of one of the most powerful men in the country. She's got friends, a supportive family (apart from maybe her sister Juniper but I'll get to that later). Celestine is pretty and smart and she has a bright future.

Then she makes a mistake and all that changes. I'm trying not to spoil this so basically she becomes the beginning of a revolution. Like Katniss Everdeen in the Hunger Games, like...(a bit stuck here, I don't read many books like this)...um...

Well you get the picture. Celestine does some small act that she thinks nothing of in the moment and yet it starts something BIG.

The conflict in both books, mostly Perfect, was just WOW!!!!!!!! I...hang on a sec. I have got pen on my book. OMG. I have got black biro on my book. How did this happen? Excuse me a moment while I have a nervous breakdown. *screams and trashes kitchen* Alright, crisis averted. *cries quietly in corner*

So, as I was saying before this disaster... I loved how the Flawed supported one another throughout the hell they're living in. How brave they were, how when the Whistleblowers expect them to do something they just sat on the floor.

And Celestine brought them together, she's the glue that stopped them from breaking apart.

Then there were the unflawed. God they were spiteful at times. Just because they don't have marks or armbands, just because they don't have a curfew and can lead a normal life DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE ANY BETTER. Everyone has got flaws somewhere. And like Celestine says at some point in the book: flaws make you powerful. Or you learn from your mistakes. I think she said it but I can't be bothered to check. Also, my book needs complete calm to get over it's pen trauma. (I am now realising that there is ink ALL OVER the front cover. I'll just have to take the cover off. Ouch, my heart hurts.)

I am veering from the subject. Again. Sorry.

Some of the flawless were good though: Alpha, Art (still bear a grudge against him), Judge Sanchez (? Don't entirely trust her...) and of course all of Celestine's family. There are lots more names to mention but my hands are hurting.

Ok then, next on the agenda (I have A LOT of things to talk about) Carrick. Carrick Vane. Carrick Brightman. Whatever. Oooooh. As soon as Celestine met him, even before she knew his name, even before she'd ever spoken to him I nex they would end up together. I was like: "Right, Celestine, drop Art. Carrick is the guy for you." And he was! He is! They're relationship is so cute and it really shows what they would do for each other. They are the perfect couple. (see what I did there?) Perfect? They're perfect? Perfect the title? Hilarious.

Anyway...

The F.A.B system. Flawed At Birth. By God, that was horrible. When there was that bit with Cordelia and Evelyn I couldn't help crying a little. Just a bit. Or a lot. I cannot imagine how hard it is for both the child and the parents.

There, I think that's all I wanted to say. I can't contain my excitement for this book! *squeals again. Don't juge me.* And now, at last, for the blurb of Flawed:

Celestine North lives a perfect life. She's a model daughter and sister, she's well-liked by her classmates and teachers, and she's dating the impossibly charming Art Crevan. But then Celestine encounters a situation in which she makes a instinctive decision. She breaks a rule and now faces life-changing repercussions. She could be imprisoned. She could be branded. She could be found FLAWED.


BOOM!!!!! Doesn't that sound epic? Quick, quick, go and read it if you haven't. What are you still doing here? Those who have read it...good choice! Thanks for reading!!!! Without hesitation, this series is five stars all the way!! Did you enjoy these books? What did you think? Which was your favorite? How much, out of 10, do you want Cecelia Ahern to write another book?

Other books by Cecelia Ahern:

-Flawed*

-Perfect*

Poppy xxxx

"I am a girl of definitions, of black and white. Remember this."

No comments:

Post a Comment

20 bookish facts about ME

Hello people of the Internet!!! Welcome!! So the other day I saw a video of someone doing a 20 bookish facts about me, and I thought: Hey...