Wednesday, 2 August 2017

My July book haul 2017

All right, before you say ANYTHING about the amount of books I got, I would like to let you know that I am NOT rich. Even if I was, I'm not anymore. I am so broke right now. Also, most, sorry some, of the books were from charity shops, second hand book stores or super cool deals like buy one get one free or 2 for 7 pounds. So there. Maybe, just maybe, I blackmailed my grandmother into buying one or two. (sorry, Yam Yam) But anyway, let's get on with this exteremly long and extremely tedious book haul. I think I'm mostly doing this for me so I can realise how poor I am. (this sign + means that the book was from a charity shop or something.)

1: When Dimple met Rishi by Sandhya Menon

2: The one memory of Flora Banks by Emily Baar (meh, wasn't that impressed)

3: Flight of a starling by Lisa Heathfiled (YESSSA finally I got to eat this. Or, you know, read it....gobble gobble. *licks lips guiltily*)

4: Sister, missing by Sophie McKenzie (I think I must have eaten this one because I seriously have no idea where it is.)

5: Missing me by Sophie McKenzie (same here, having a breakdown.... *laughs uncertainly, eyeing the room*

6: Throne of glass by Sarah J. Maas

7: Crown of midnight by Sarah J. Maas (wayyyy better than the first one #celeana+Chaol4ever. If anyone says otherwise I will eat you.)

8: A quiet kind of thunder by Sara Barnard (I need a moment to collect my thoughts about this one...or a year.)

9: The fault in our stars by John Green + (ARGHHHH I am so writing a review)

10: Wonder by R. J. Palacio

11: The sun is also a star by Nicola Yoon (I'm a bit scared this is going to be disappointing after Everything Everything's epicness. I'll keep you updated.)

12: Troublemakers by Catherine Barter

13: The young elites by Marie Lu (fingers crossed it's even better than Legend)

14: The rose society by Marie Lu (fingers and toes crossed)

15: the midnight star by Marie Lu (everything crossed.)

16: Love and kisses by Jean Ure +

17: Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke (by God this book is big! And nice title. I think someone is going to die. How do I sense that? Magic....)

18: Orbiting Jupiter by Gary D. Schmidt (smaller than I thought. And wierd. Yay)

19: Skulldugery Pleasant by Derek Landy (finally, how long have I been waiting to get my hands on this baby? How old am I?)

20: Skulldugery Pleasant 2 by Derek Landy

21: Skulldugery Pleasant 3 by Derek Landy

22: Geek Girl by Holly Smale +

23: Geek Girl 2 by Holly Smale +

24: Geek Girl 3 by Holly Smale

25: Geek Girl 4 by Holly Smale

26: Geek Girl 5 by Holly Smale

27: Geek Girl 6 by Holly Smale (I think that's all of them. Let me just check...)

28: A street cat named Bob by James Bowen (BEST BOOK EVER) +

29: Poldark by Winston Graham (Must.Watch.Series. Soooo good.) +

30: An abundance of Katherine's by John Green (Disappointed so far which is sad because road trips are coolioko!!!!) +

Now, this should really be the end, shouldn't it. I mean, 30 books, that's pretty good. But noooooo, I have to be my greedy, soul-less self and empty another couple of bookshops. So let's get back to the job, for this is a tiresome job, in hand. Stay with me, we're almost there.

31: Flawed by Cecelia Ahern (could there be anything more wonderful?)

32: Perfect by Cecelia Ahern (Yes, yes there could. Come on, it's in the freaking title. This is PERFECT)

33: Peggy&me by Miranda Hart (Oh, come on, she's amazing. And there's a dog. heaven)

34: If I was your girl by Meredith Russo (It was buy two for seven pounds and the book I actually wanted was six ninety nine.... Plus, it's LGBT themed and those sorts of books are generally epic, end in disaster, sad and memorable.)

35: Rooftoppers by Katherine Rundell (oooooh this was so sweet and cute and utterly adorbs. I swallowed this one whole and highly recommend it. *burps innocently into sleeve*

And done. Tick in the box. Woo hoo. I was just reading the bibliophile girl's July book haul (http://www.thebibliophilegirluk.com/2017/08/july-book-haul/) and she bought 6 books. That's 6 books!! SIX! I feel stupid. In my defense I don't live in England so don't have the chance to buy a ton of books every day. Who knows what would happen if I could. So there we go. Sorry it took so long. I'm going to be updating quite a few posts in the next few days, especially reviews, so be prepared... Thanks so much for reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What books did you guys buy this July? Were any of these on your list? Were they good? What books do you recommend?

 

Poppy xxxx

2 comments:

  1. THIS IS AN AMAZINGLY HUGE HAUL!! And omggg so many of my favourites are here too. I sooo hope you enjoy Dimple & Rishi and Wonder and I adore Skulduggery Pleasant (but I haven't read the last books because I'm a huge slacker­čśé).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!!!! Dimple and Rishi was really good and so was Wonder! I hope the movie is going to be just as great. I've Skulldugery Pleasant in French but now I can finally read it in English!!!

      Delete

My August 2017 TBR

Hello!!!!! Very nice to see you all again. Well, not see you....but you get what I mean. Yes, I am aware that I am a very inconsistent blog...