Saturday, 24 June 2017

The goose girl by Shannon Hale


     
                     


Hello!!! This is my first ever post and I'm really exited. I hope that anyone who reads this will enjoy and not...well, hate! I'll mostly be writing about Young Adult books (YA) of all kinds. Action, fantasy, fact, fiction, romance, magic... Whatever I can think of basically. I really hope you don't find this post boring and be sure to comment and give me some advice or books that YOU like! Thank you.


This book is probably my favorite in the world, ok, so I haven't read every book in the world but this is pretty epic. It's written by Shannon Hale (amazing author with super original ideas.) and has the perfect mixture of romance, action, mystery and seriously suprising plot twists. I did not see half the things in Goose Girl coming. It is a stunning piece of work with layer upon layer of intracacy and a unique approach to betrayal and love.
So, it's about princess Anidori Kiladra Talianna Isilee, crown princess of Kildenree. She spends the first years of her life listening to her aunt's enthralling tales. At the age of sixteen, Ani is told she must leave her homeland to marry someone she has never met. But fate has much worse in store for her as she tries to understand her own incredible talent before she can overcome those who wish to harm her.
I once read the first couple of pages of this book to my Mum and she said that it was really weird. I completely disagree. Shannon Hale has a great eye for detail and this story was described in stunning detail. I think Anidori and her friends are amazing characters, really original and funny and witty. Ani is brave and bold, Enna is a fearless rebel, Razo is a hilariously resourcful boy and Finn is gentle but so protective. Geric is kind and adventurous, Selia is sneaky and manipulative. I even love the bad guys, they're all different but perfect.
I give this book five stars because of everything! Definetly put it on your to read list and if you don't have one, make one!

Other books by Shannon Hale:
-Dangerous *
-Princess academy 1, 2, 3 *
-The book of a thousand days. *
-Enna Burning (The Goose girl series) *
-River secrets (The Goose Girl series) *
-Forest Born (The Goose Girl series.) *
-The Princess in black 1 and 2
-Ever after high 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
-Spirit animals
-Real friends
-Austenland (adult)
-Rapunzel's revenge
-The actor and the housewife (adult)
I think there might be a few more books for really small children.
This little sign * are the books I have read.

I hope you liked this post and this book as much as I did. Thank you for reading if anyone did! Has anyone read these books? What did you think? If not, would you want to read it? Do you have any books that remind you of The Goose Girl?

Poppy. xxxx

"She was born Anidori-Kiladra Talianna Isilee, Crown Princess of Kildenree, and she did not open her eyes for three days. "



No comments:

Post a Comment

20 bookish facts about ME

Hello people of the Internet!!! Welcome!! So the other day I saw a video of someone doing a 20 bookish facts about me, and I thought: Hey...