Tuesday, 27 June 2017

Some kind of happiness by Claire Legrand




"Once there was a great, sprawling forest called the Everwood. Magic lived there, and it lit up every tree and flower with impossible beauty."


First of all I'd like to say how amazing I think the cover is. I love the olive coloured spine and the front is so magical and goes really well with the story. The twinkling stars are beautiful and the lonely figure walking up the hill corresponds perfectly with the main character, Finley. The book itself, inside, is so good! It's a bit like two different things are going on at the same time: Finley's actual life and the one she writes about. But for once it's perfectly done and it doesn't seem to overwhelming to have loads happening. The story line is so detailed and a bit shocking at times. I think that Claire Legrand, like Shannon Hale, has a great eye for detail and describes everything tremendously. All her books, even if they're fact, have got a sprinkling of magic in it. I once read a book called We Were Liars by e. Lockhart which I didn't enjoy at all. Then I came across Some Kind Of Happiness and it was so alike but much better for me. I think their was loads of injustice and too many secrets in this book but I guess it just added to the suspense. There is romance in this book but it's quite overshadowed by all the action which for once is fine by me. There are lots of lists written by Finley, making it easier to understand and to catch up if you've missed something. This book can be teensy bit depressing but at the end I could literally NOT put it down and was devouring the pages quickly. I would have liked Finley to have more boy cousins, there is only one though I imagine the Bailey kids could make up for it. My favorite character is probably Jack, he is so kind and thoughtful and just damn amazing. Finley reminds me a little of myself, dreamy, loves to write...
When Finley Hart discovers that she is going to have to spend her entire summer at her estranged grandparents house, she is distraut. Her only escape is the Everwood, a forest kingdom that only exists in the pages of her notebook. Until she finds the endless forest behind her grandparents house and realises the Everwood is real-and in trouble. But Finley soon realises that in order to save it, she will first have to save herself.
This book definelty deserves at least four stars, maybe four and a half. All Claire Legrand's stories are amazing and you should read them as soon as possible!!!!

Other books by Claire Legrand:
-The Cavendish home for boys and girls. *
-Some kind of happiness. *
-Winterspell.
-Summerfall.
-Foxheart.
-The year of shadows. *

Thank you for reading (if you have). 🙋 Do you like this kind of story? Is magic your thing? Or do you prefer real life? Do you write stories like Finley?

Poppy. xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I really want to read this one! I've only read one other book by this author, so I DEFINITELY want to try more. (Plus i love the name Finley.) I'm glad this was magical and awesome and you really loved it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting!!! I love the name Finley too though I thought it was a boy at the beginning!

      Delete

20 bookish facts about ME

Hello people of the Internet!!! Welcome!! So the other day I saw a video of someone doing a 20 bookish facts about me, and I thought: Hey...