Sunday, 25 June 2017

Red queen by Victoria Aveyard





Red queen is one of those books that I really love but I take ages to read. It's got a great theme and the idea is like something I've never seen before. Original and epic! There is loads of action though it does get a bit slow sometimes, the only serious plot twist is right at the end and that was a bit shocking. I think that the romance in this book isn't very obvious and not talked about enough. Still, it was quite good. I liked Mare and Kilorn's friendship at the beginning but it sort of slowed down and faltered at times. Mare's family was amazing! With all her brother's and sister it was a beautiful mess. The fact that all children have to go to war when they are eighteen is a bit sad, especially after what happened to Mare's father. Anyway, I'm not going to give away too much!!  
The story mainly evolves around the two colors of blood the country has got. The poor have red blood and the rich have silver blood as well as amazing powers. Mare Barrow is a red, scraping by as a thief in a poor village, until a twist of fate throws her in front of the Silver court. Before the king, queen, princes and nobles, she discovers she has a power of her own. To cover up this impossibilty, the king forces her to play the role of a missing Silver princess and betroths her to one of his sons. But as Mare is drawn further into the lie, she risks everything and uses her new position to help a  group of rebels, even as her heart tugs her in an impossible direction...
The characters were all nice but not my favorite. It was sometimes hard to understand what was going on as lots of things were happening at the same time.
I'm going to give Red Queen three and a half stars. Also, the title makes no sense! As you'll realise if you read the book.

Other books by Victoria Aveyard:
-Red queen *
-Glass sword * (I've had way more trouble finishing this one.)
-King's cage
-Queen song
-Steel scars

Do read this book if you want something to do. I've decided to review one book on Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday. I hope you found this useful and comment. Have yo heard of Red Queen? Do you like the idea? Thank you!!!!!!!!! (so sorry about my terrible photo.)

Poppy xxxxx

"I hate first Friday. It makes the village crowded, and now, in the heat of high summer, that's the last thing anyone wants."

No comments:

Post a Comment

20 bookish facts about ME

Hello people of the Internet!!! Welcome!! So the other day I saw a video of someone doing a 20 bookish facts about me, and I thought: Hey...